Happy Valentine’s Day! I wanted to do a playlist with love songs that weren’t really romantic but were more about loving yourself. Love songs to build you up again. PANDAS/PANS takes a lot from us. We have to take it ALL back. Love yourself again.
Some songs are fast. Some songs are slow. You can definitely sing along with all of them…you can even have a dance party too. And until I create a new one, this playlist is on the PANDAS Sucks web site at the left side of the page. I usually keep a tab open on my computer and listen to the playlist while I’m working. I’m listening right now. 🙂
1. Defying Gravity – Idina Menzel & Kristen Chenoweth/Wicked Soundtrack (Really, every PANDAS/PANS Parent defies gravity. Together, we’re UNLIMITED! But I want to send a special shout out to a great PANDAS Buddy, Wendy,…she defies gravity daily and is WICKED cool! Let’s change the lyrics a bit…”And Nobody in all of PANDAS, no strep or myco or viruses, is ever gonna bring will ever bring meeeeEEeeeeEEeeee down!”
2. Brave – Sara Barreilles (I already sent this song out to everyone in this previous post. It’s such a great message. We’re all bravely working to heal our kids…and we’ll do it!!! Sing along with this Sarah and that Sara, and show me how big your BRAVE is. <3
3. Adventure of a Lifetime – Coldplay (This is a catchy new song. Turn your magic on. You make me feel alive again. We are diamonds…taking shape.)
4. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (I surprise myself every day. I’d bet you surprise yourself too. We have so much more to offer. So much of our lives are unwritten…pick up the pen and tell your story because no one else can speak the words on your lips. Feel the rain on your skin and live YOUR life with arms wide open…no one else can do it for you. Same goes for our PANDAS/PANS kiddos!)
5. Times Like These – Foo Fighters (Sometimes you just have to rock out. Foo Fighters are good for times like these. Learn to love again!)
6. Closer I Am To Fine – Indigo Girls (Good stuff about listening to yourself and finding your own answers and being who you are. “I went to the doctors….” Yes. We all have been there.)
7. Run the World (Girls) – Beyonce (Who runs this mother? GIRLS! Don’t forget it. To kinda paraphrase Queen B, “we’re strong enough to “HEAL” the children, then get back to business!” It’s the PANDAS Moms (and yes…Dads too) that are kickin’ ass in the PANDAS/PANS world. Yup. Who runs the world? We run this mother!
8. Level Up – Vienna Tang (Just a good song about taking it up a notch and reinventing yourself. “Call it any name you need. Call it your 2.0, your rebirth, whatever.” Bravo!)
9. Things Can Only Get Better – Howard Jones (The lyrics of this song are self-explanatory. It’s such an 80’s classic. “Whoa whoa whoa-oh-oh whoa-whoa whoa-oh-oh.”)
10. Love Me by Katy Perry – (This song is Jesse’s Jam…I asked Jesse for a song for the playlist. He asked what it was for, and I said it was love songs but more for building a person up. He first said Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer…we have used that on something before, so I asked for a different song. Without hesitation, he said “Love Me by Katy Perry,” and it’s a perfect fit. Yes. He’s a wise kid. This might be the best song on here. 🙂 )
BONUS SONG: I Haven’t Got Time For The Pain – Carly Simon (Nobody has time for the pain of PANDAS/PANS. But we can heal…we can get over it. We have each other to lean on and can help each other make it through.)
Music to learn to love yourself again with while you sing and dance and just generally get down while building yourself back up. Enjoy it on this Valentine’s Day 2016. <3
Tell us why YOU think PANDAS Sucks. Click here.
We post these reasons in a blog series.
Want to send a message to Sarah? Click here.
Sarah is a PANDAS Mom to her awesome son, Jesse. She spends much of her time on Facebook, making to-do lists, and listening to music, especially Depeche Mode. She drinks a lot of coffee, likes a good red wine, and has been known to hide chocolate in her pantry. Sarah really thinks PANDAS Sucks (the autoimmune disorder, NOT the bears!). PANDAS Sucks exists to tell the collective story about PANDAS/PANS. Sarah wants to empower other PANDAS Parents and let them know they’re not alone. See also Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Note: Please do not ask for doctor referrals or specific medical advice. This blog/web site is for info and support purposes only. I’m not a doctor.