I’d rather be at the beach! Jesse & I had an amazing time in Clearwater Beach for spring break 2016. I almost cancelled the trip several times due to his PANDAS exacerbation, and then really almost cancelled when he got a really bad virus only 3 days before we were set to leave…UGH! But I’m really glad that I just delayed our departure date by a day to give him time to recover, and it gave me time to see if I was gonna get sick. (I didn’t! Whew!)
One of the things we like doing on our spring break trips is listen to the radio and create new playlists. We did a playlist back in 2014 when we went to Florida…and we did it this time. Here are our picks of some new, hot songs and a few older ones that we also heard and liked. Jesse helped picked all of the 1-13 songs, so those are Jesse’s Jams, but I do agree with him on a few of them. The rest of the songs are mine.
You can access these songs on the PANDAS Sucks web site on the Music Player at the left hand side of most pages. Just keep a tab open and let the music play all day while you’re at your computer. 🙂 This playlist will be there until I change it. Hope you enjoy our tunes!
1. Hello by Adele For some reason, Jesse really got into this song. He would watch the YouTube video and tell me how many views it had. (When I wrote this, the count was 1,435,615,462. OMG!) I rewrote the lyrics to this one a few months ago: “Hello from the PANDAS Side.” 🙂
2. Work by Rihanna Does anybody know what the heck she’s saying? I even looked at the lyrics, and it still is hard to understand this song. It’s just gibberish. Jesse kept saying that it reminded him of this Ariana Grande SNL skit (the Rihanna part is at 2:50 into the clip).
3. No by Meghan Trainor “My name is No. My sign is No. My number is No. You need to let it go. You need to let it go. You need to let it go.” The video is crazy but the song is spot on. Like it.
4. Hands To Myself by Selena Gomez I at first thought she was saying he was “you’re metaphorical Jamba Juice” which makes as much sense to me as “you’re metaphorical gin and juice.” Jamba Juice is good y’all! Nom nom nom! LOL!
5. Blank Space by Taylor Swift “‘Cause I’ve got a blank space, baby…and I’ll write your name.” 😉
6. 7 Years Old by Lukas Graham I hate this song, but Jesse liked it. I think he mostly put it on the playlist because he knew I hated it tho’. LOL
7. Me, Myself, & I by G-Eazy Catchy! Woooohoooo!
8. On My Mind by Ellie Goulding We liked this song…”so I put it down…so I put it down.”
9. Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo This was a bonus song on our 2014 spring break playlist.
10. Turn Down For What by DJ Snake An oldie but always a goodie.
11. Fight Song by Rachel Platten Jesse added this. It’s been on a few Music Therapy Playlists already and featured on the PANDAS Sucks Facebook Page a few times. Great song!
12. Clarity by Zedd I remember this song from 2014, but apparently, it’s still going strong in Tampa pop radio rotation. “If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy. If our love is insanity, why are you my clarity?”
13. Stressed Out by 21 Pilots I like this one and talked Jesse into putting it on the list.
14. Sugar by Robin Shulz I dunno…I just liked this song whenever it came on the radio. “Sugar, how you get so fly?”
15. Roses by The Chainsmokers LIKE!
16. Pillowtalk by Zayn This was another one that I just liked whenever it came on the radio.
17. Cake By The Ocean by DNCE You will sing along to this music despite it being all about S-E-X. Still a good song.
18. New Romantics by Taylor Swift Just a cute, poppy song. But boys, don’t leave your girl stranded because it is totes NOT romantic. (And this is a lyrics video because to see the real video you have to sign up for Apple Music…I didn’t do that.)
We are getting ready to embark on another road trip. This time instead of the beach, it’s a drive up north to Chicago for an IVIG. But I’m sure we’ll be listening to these songs and dreaming of the beach and palm trees and all the fun we had in Clearwater Beach. Hope you enjoy these tunes too.
Here are a few more pictures from our FUN FLORIDA TRIP 2016:
Tell us why YOU think PANDAS Sucks. Click here.
We post these reasons in a blog series.
Want to send a message to Sarah? Click here.
Sarah is a PANDAS Mom to her awesome son, Jesse. She spends much of her time on Facebook, making to-do lists, and listening to music, especially Depeche Mode. She drinks a lot of coffee, likes a good red wine, and has been known to hide chocolate in her pantry. Sarah really thinks PANDAS Sucks (the autoimmune disorder, NOT the bears!). PANDAS Sucks exists to tell the collective story about PANDAS/PANS. Sarah wants to empower other PANDAS Parents and let them know they’re not alone. See also Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Note: Please do not ask for doctor referrals or specific medical advice. This blog/web site is for info and support purposes only. I’m not a doctor. P