1. Freedom by George Michael I love this song! “I won’t let you down. I will not give you up. Gotta have some faith in the sound. It’s the one good thing that I’ve got. I won’t let you down. So please don’t give me up. Because I would really, really love to stick around, stick around.” There are some obvious themes in this song. You canNOT listen it and not start beebopping. I’m listening to it right now and dancing in my chair. 🙂
2. Freelove by Depeche Mode It’s always great to be able to put a DM song on a playlist. I should put one on every Music Therapy post. 😉 Here’s another one: Freestate. And this one: Free. Remember when I did an ALL Depeche Mode Playlist? sigh
3. I’m Free by The Who Two Words: Rock Opera.
4. I Feel Free by Cream This song is so great. A classic that makes you feel so groovy!
5. I’m Free by Soup Dragons “I’m free to do what I want any old time. I said I’m free to do what I want any old time.” Remember the opening lyrics to this song whenever life gets too stressful or unbearable. You are free to do what you want any old time!!! Yes!
6. Freedom by Pitbull You’ll recognize the tune in this song by Mr. Worldwide. If you don’t, then listen to #5. Somebody! Anybody! Everybody! Oooh aaah!!!
7. Freedom by Pharrell “La la la la la la la la la. La la la la la la la la la.La la la la la la la la la.La la la la la la la la la. HOld onto me. Don’t let me go. Who cares what they see. Who cares what they know. Your first name is FREE. Your last name is DOM. Because you still believe in where we’re from. La la la la la la la la la. La la la la la la la la la.La la la la la la la la la.La la la la la la la la la.” Srsly. Wow. Srsly. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. Freewill by Rush This video is a LIVE video version of this song, and it’s awesome!!!
9. People Got To Be Free by The Rascals Great song. It’s one of those songs that you don’t know you know until it starts playing, and then you’re like “ohhh yeah!”
BONUS: Jesse’s Jam: Independence Day Theme I always ask Jesse what he wants to say about his Jam. This time he said “I don’t know.” I asked him if that is what he wanted me to put as what he said. He said “yes.” He can be so silly. LOL! We recently watched the movie Independence Day, and we have plans to go see the sequel on…the 4th of July. 🙂
Hope you enjoy these FREEDOM songs while celebrating your Independence on this upcoming 4th of July. And what’s the 4th of July with out Fireworks? 🙂
You can access these songs on the left side of Home Page of PANDAS Sucks on the Music Player.
Tell us why YOU think PANDAS Sucks. Click here.
We post these reasons in a blog series.
Want to send a message to Sarah? Click here.
Sarah is a PANDAS Mom to her awesome son, Jesse. She spends much of her time on Facebook, making to-do lists, and listening to music, especially Depeche Mode. She drinks a lot of coffee, likes a good red wine, and has been known to hide chocolate in her pantry. Sarah really thinks PANDAS Sucks (the autoimmune disorder, NOT the bears!). PANDAS Sucks exists to tell the collective story about PANDAS/PANS. Sarah wants to empower other PANDAS Parents and let them know they’re not alone. See also Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Note: Please do not ask for doctor referrals or specific medical advice. This blog/web site is for info and support purposes only. I’m not a doctor. P